Health and Wellness Coaches partner with clients seeking self-directed, lasting changes, aligned with their values, which promote health and wellness and, thereby, enhance well-being. In the course of their work, health and wellness coaches display unconditional positive regard for their clients and a belief in their capacity for change, and honoring that each client is an expert on his or her own life, while ensuring that all interactions are respectful and non-judgmental.
THE ROLE OF A HEALTH COACH
- We make learning about nutrition simple and fun
- We are compassionate and nonjudgmental in our approach to our clients.
- We are encouraging, uplifting, and inspiring.
- We share “What Dr. Sears says” because it is based on solid science and allows us to coach with confidence knowing that we have the expertise of a renowned and highly respected medical doctor behind the information we provide.
- We stay within our scope of practice.
- The scope of practice for a health coach is to educate, motivate, and guide our clients to achieve client-determined personal health goals.
- We provide general wellness and nutrition information and empower our clients to take responsibility for their own health by establishing healthier lifestyle routines and lasting wellness changes.
- We do not diagnose disease or provide treatment advice for any medical condition. Diagnosis and treatment are beyond the health coach scope of practice and will open coaches up to liability.
- We work with and provide a support system for generally healthy people who have made the highly personal decision of changing their lifestyles and we help them progress towards their goals.
- As health coaches, we ultimately want to show our clients how to make healthy lifestyle choices and become self-sufficient.
Wondering how I can help? Learn more about me, take a look at some Frequently Asked Questions or send me an email and let’s start a dialogue. I look forward to helping you become the best version of yourself!
Sign up for my F.R.E.E. 30 Days to a New You email series where I share a weekly email with useful tips and information to jump start some new habits for a healthier life!