It took forever for me to post this, and for that I apologize.
Please make this recipe for yourself as a form of penance.. or something.
Sweet, spicy and hella delicious. Roast whatever vegetables you prefer to make it seasonal or pair it with a side of mashed root vegetables instead!
You Will Need:
- 2 skinless, boneless turkey breast halves
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1T oil of choice; I used avocado oil
- 2t cumin
- 1t salt
- 1t oregano
- 1t paprika
- 1/2t ground coriander
- 1/2t black pepper
- veggies of choice to roast; I added potatoes and carrots; use what you want! I used a tasty autumn spice seasoning blend to season the veggies, but feel free to use what you think would suit your tastes.
- Combine all ingredients (maple syrup through black pepper) and marinate the turkey in the at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before roasting.
- preheat your oven to 450F and prep a roasting pan or cast iron skillet by lining the bottom with whatever veggies you’ve decided to use. (I didn’t do it this time, but a good tip is to sear the outside of the turkey breast first in the hot cast iron pan; about a minute on each side, before adding the veggies)
- put the pan into the preheated oven and roast for about 25 minutes or until the internal temperature reads 155F. Allow to rest for ten minutes before slicing and serving with your vegetables.
Feel free to have fun with your spices; add more, use less. This is half the fun of it!