They taste like a Big Mac.. but you don’t have to make the shady trip to McDonald’s to get it.
These are so easy to prep ahead of time and they were perfect for heating up by the campfire for a snack after hiking all day.
Or… you know. Whenever.
Ryan likes to razz me and tell me that my addition of bell peppers and mustard bastardizes the Big Mac, but seriously? No. You add what you want!
You Will Need:
- 1lb lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion; diced
- bell peppers of any colour; diced I like to use the mini peppers, but add to your taste!
- 1 garlic clove; minced
- 1T dried parsley
- 2t chicken bullion powder
- 1t paprika optional; to taste
- 1/4c water
- 1/4c thousand island dressing
- dill pickles; I dice up the “stacker” pickles for sandwiches
- salt/pepper; to taste
- 1c-ish cheddar cheese
- wonton wrappers
- sesame seeds; for garnish
- Over medium heat, brown beef and onions in a skillet until the beef is no longer pink and drain any excess fat
- Add the diced bell peppers, minced garlic, parsley, chicken bullion, salt/pepper, paprika if you want and water; stirring to combine. Bring to a simmer, lower the heat and allow to cook for about 5 minutes until most of the water has been absorbed
- Remove from heat, and stir in thousand island dressing and diced pickles. HOORAY THE FILLING!
- ASSEMBLE! Preheat your oven to 400F and begin to fill the egg rolls; scooping a bit of meat and top it with cheese and sesame seeds and then close them according to the package directions water is key here, and bake on a silicone mat or parchment paper, seam side down for 10-15 minutes until slightly brown. I spayed them with coconut oil before putting them in the oven and they came out perfectly crispy.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving OR transfer them to a wire rack before wrapping them in aluminum foil and taking them to have by the campfire!
Feel free to use up all of the beef for the roll ups or use only what you need and leave the rest as leftovers!
CAMPING PHOTOS coming soon!!