This recipe makes THE PERFECT pumpkin bread. I made it into 3-mini loaves as a thank you to the hosts of the Seattle WLS Meetup earlier this month and it was a huge hit.
Not to mention the pumpkin banana muffins, too… that’ll be another post, I promise!
You can feel free to use flavoured cream cheese in the topping if you want, but plain works just as well! You can also adjust the cooking time to make one big loaf, too.. just keep an eye on it!
Are you ready? Let’s go!
You Will Need:
- ¼ cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 2T coconut oil; melted
- 1t vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 1¼ t baking powder
- ¼ t baking soda
- ¼ t salt
- 1½ t pumpkin pie spice
For the Cheese Batter:
- 8 oz cream cheese; room temperature flavoured is ok, just not whipped!
- 1 large egg; lightly beaten
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350F and grease either 3 mini loaf pans or one regular sized loaf pan. Make the cheese batter first by mixing all ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth; set aside.
- To make the pumpkin batter, cream together the brown sugar and eggs with electric mixer until fluffy.
- Fold in the pumpkin puree, coconut oil, and vanilla; mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin spice; then slowly add it to the wet ingredients; careful not to overmix.
- Divide the pumpkin mixture between the three mini loaves or pour into one regular size and top with the cream cheese batter. Mini loaves take 35-40 minutes while the large loaf takes 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean. Watch them carefully! You want the edges to be brown, but not burned.
These would make perfect host gifts if you’re going to a Thanksgiving gathering this year!
Sorry it took so long to post, I’ve been busy… and lazy; simultaneously. As always… Thanks for sticking around!