I made tilapia for the very first time and it was AMAZING! I’ve always been hesitant to try fish new fish, usually because I’m a scaredy pants. There. I said it. The depth of my fish cooking knowledge doesn’t stem much further than canned tuna.
HOWEVER. I decided to throw caution to the wind and try it anyway! Fish is a great source of omega3 fatty acids; which our bodies can’t make, so we need to make up for it in our diets. Omega3s are the good type of fats and may help lower the risk of heart disease, depression, dementia, and arthritis.
What are you waiting for? Branch out and try something new!
You Will Need:
- Tilapia fillets
- Lemons; cut into slices
- Seasonings I used salt, pepper, chili powder, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and thyme
- Veggies to roast Use what you love! I had carrots and cauliflower I needed to get through, but really any veggie can go in!
for the sauce
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yoghurt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1t dried dill
- 1/2t garlic
- 1/4 pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Prep the sauce by mixing together all of the ingredients and keep it in the fridge while the tilapia cooks
- If you’re cooking up carrots like I did, cook them up in the oven before putting anything else in.. they take longer! Otherwise, season up your tilapia however you please, cover with lemon slices, place it and the cut up veggies into a 13×9 pan and bake for 10-15 minutes until it flakes with a fork.
- Plate it up with the veggies and top with the yoghurt dill sauce and devour!