Chicken crust pizza? HECK YEAH. Low-carb, gluten free.. all that jazz and MORE. I’ve got a magical, secret ingredient I’ve used for this recipe… you won’t want to miss it!
You can use pre-ground chicken breast for this recipe if you want, but I wanted to play with my grinding attachment on my KitchenAid. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN.
Use what you’ve got available OR tailor it to your needs. Why not use ground turkey? A mix of chicken and beef? I don’t know… whatever you want!
What’s the magic, you say? Well, I’ve experimented with a few variations of this recipe, but this one uses chia seeds as a binder rather than bread crumbs or eggs. I’m sure you could still add an egg to increase the moisture content but it was pretty great as is!
And who doesn’t love chia seeds?
You Will Need:
- 1lb ground chicken breast
- 2T chia seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 medium red onion; diced
- seasonings of choice; I used garlic powder, basil and red pepper flakes
- mozzarella pearls or more shredded mozzarella for topping
- 2T plain Greek yoghurt
- 3T Frank’s Ret Hot sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Combine the crust ingredients in a mixing bowl until thoroughly incorporated and spread onto prepared baking sheet. I’ve found that topping it with another sheet of parchment is the easiest and cleanest way of making the shape you want
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes; it will be slightly browned around the edges.
- While the crust is cooking, mix the sauce ingredients together. When the crust is finished, pour the mixture over the entire surface and top with more mozzarella cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes until the cheese it melted.
- Remove the the oven and top with shredded romaine and ranch dressing before cutting it up!
This is just one way of serving this up.. change the spices and sauce to make it more traditional! The possibilities are endless!