I’ve been obsessed with chickpeas lately. I made hummus, I’m experimenting with baking… and now these. There’s no end in sight.
Light, easy and portable, these roasted chickpeas can be tossed with salad, thrown in trail mix, or eaten on their own. Play with different flavour combinations to find the perfect taste for you!I’ve found that roasting them first, taking them out halfway through and then seasoning them, makes for much tastier beans.
I’ve had too many experiences with burnt seasonings… make sure you watch them so they don’t burn!
You Will Need:
- 1cup dried chickpeas (garbanzo beans) soaked overnight in water and drained OR 1-15oz can; drained and rinsed
- coconut oil or olive oil I prefer coconut oil because of its high smoke point
- seasonings of choice see notes for different flavour combinations!
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with a silicone liner or parchment paper.
- Dry the rinsed beans well between two towels before transferring to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove the pan, spray with oil and add seasoning; shaking the pan to evenly coat the beans.
- Continue to bake for another 15 minutes.
- When finished, turn off the oven, crack the door and allow the beans to sit in the oven while it cools. I’ve found you get a better crunch letting them cool this way instead of taking them out to room temperature.
Store in an airtight container and consume within a few days. They will start to lose some of the crunch after the first day due to their moisture content, but they’ll still be just as tasty!
Try Different Seasonings! Let me know what you like on yours!
sugar (white, brown or coconut)
½ each of cinnamon