You like coffee, right? Of course you do.
By adding some ground espresso or ground coffee to these muffins, you get a subtle and delicious buzz.
makes 6-8 muffins
You Will Need:
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/8t salt
- 1/2t baking soda
- 1T ground espresso or coffee; I used Cafe Bustelo but feel free to experiment with anything you have in your pantry!
- 1 banana; mashed
- 3 eggs; beaten
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2T melted coconut oil
- 1/2t vanilla
- 1/2t maple extract
- White chocolate chips or chocolate chips, if you prefer
- Preheat oven to 375F, grease a silicone mold with non-stick spray or line with paper baking cups
- Whisk together cocoa powder, coconut flour, salt, baking soda and espresso in a bowl until combined. I like to put my white/chocolate chips into the dry ingredients and mix them in first before the wet ingredients. For some reason I always remember my mom telling me that coating the chips in flour helps keep them suspended in the batter… I don’t know if it works, I just do it 😉
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients and slowly incorporate into the dry ingredients until a smooth batter forms
- Pour batter into prepared mold and bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan and setting them on a wire rack to cool completely; or if you simply can’t wait, enjoy it while they’re still a little warm