I know a damn good cookie when I eat one. That’s how I got fat in the first place. AYOOO
But seriously, these double chocolate banana cookies from Running With Spoons are insanely delicious. SO DAMN DELICIOUS in fact, I ate nearly half the batch after conquering Ape Cave up near Mt Saint Helens in Cougar, Washington. Well worth it after spending 2 and a half hours in the dark and damp, unsure of how I was EVER GOING TO GET OUT ALIVE.
Still, the perfect treat as a celebration for conquering your fears, or just powering through your busy Monday.
I used a mixture of chocolate chips and raisins because I was short on chocolate chips, and honestly? I really really like the combination. 10/10 will do it again!!
makes 12 cookies
You Will Need:
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2T cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips or a combination of chocolate chips and raisins!
- other half of the banana, cut into small chunks
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt, mix well and set aside
- In another bowl, whisk together the mashed banana, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and banana chunks last and then set the mixture in the fridge for at least 30 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 325ºF and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat and spoon out a rounded tablespoon of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet; flatten them a bit and mold them together with your hands if you have to. They don’t spread very much, so they’ll bake into whatever shape they’re in
- Bake for 10-14 minutes, depending on the final texture that you want. Less baking time will result in a slightly softer and fudgier cookie
- Remove your cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely
You can store these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week
NOW FOR SOME APE CAVE PHOTOS!