I was craving veggie burgers recently and I’m just going to let these speak for themselves.
You Will Need:
makes 4 patties
- 1 medium sized sweet potato
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup drained and rinsed black beans 1/2 of a 15oz can
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper; diced
- 1 garlic clove; minced
- ~1/2 cup corn I used some corn on the cobb I had left over – cut it from the cobb and pan fried it in cast iron with salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves; chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne optional, but it gives them a nice heat
- Preheat oven to 400F. Roast the sweet potato by cutting it in half length-wise and placing it cut-side down on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 30-40 minutes until tender. Once cooked, allow to cool before removing the skins and set aside
- Run your oats through a blender or food processor to break them up, but don’t grind it to flour!
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl until combined; saving the oats for last
- If time allows, place the mixture in the refrigerator for at least an hour before shaping into patties; it helps them stay together a little better.
- Pan fry the patties in a skillet with olive oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side
- Serve on a bun with all the fixings, or without!
Avocados have kinda been my jam recently, too….
So I decided to make some fresh avocado mayonnaise to go with them!
For the Avocado Mayo You Will Need:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- pinch of cayenne if you want another kick!
- Mash the avocado in a bowl, then stir everything else in until smooth.