This pulled pork recipe take a small amount of prep time, but searing the outside of the roast before transferring it to the crock pot makes a huge difference!
- 3-4lb boneless pork shoulder
- 2T chili powder
- 1T cumin
- 1/2t paprika
- 1/4t red pepper
- 1/4t cayenne
- 1t minced garlic or 4 garlic cloves
- 2 onions roughly chopped
- 1 can Rotel
- 2 bay leaves
- 2T oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Lime, cilantro or green onion, red onion, goat cheese for garnish
- Combine the chili, cumin, paprika, red pepper, cayenne, salt and pepper together and rub into the pork shoulder to coat. I made sure every nook and cranny had seasoning on it.
- Heat 2T oil in a large pan and brown meat on all sides about 1-2minutes per side
- Place 1/2 of the onions on the bottom of your crock pot and place meat on top. Pour any leftover juices over the meat.
- Add the minced garlic, remaining onion, can of Rotel and bay leaves
- Cover and set on low for 8 hours
- Carefully remove meat from crock pot and shred
- Squeeze lime juice over the shreds
- Mix in the onions and tomatoes leftover from the crockpot, setting the juices aside if you’re using a tortilla, you don’t want it to get too soggy.
- Prepare your tortilla and top with things like red and green onions, goat cheese or queso fresco, cilantro and additional lime
You can use the leftovers for anything! Ryan tossed it with a little BBQ sauce and made a pulled pork sandwich with it. I was thinking of serving it with eggs for breakfast. Let your imagination run wild!