You can make tortilla pizza in as many ways as you can make regular pizza. The difference?
The tortilla. Duh.
I think I’ve finally come down with my perfect science to making these in my new toaster oven. When you’re cooking at home, you need to make sure that you’re experimenting with times, temperatures and whatnot. My appliance may not work the same way yours does.
This is part of the reason I love cooking. I get to fuck around like a mad scientist but instead of people running in horror from my creations…
I get to eat all of my experiments and they’re still usually pretty damn good.
Depending on the brands and servings you use, your calorie and macro count may vary, so be sure to use MyFitnessPal to calculate your meals.
Kiwi vision is a silly concept I came up with while thinking of fun things to occupy my time all while doing things I would have been doing anyway.
Or really, more specifically, cooking.
So here’s the brain child of my mad scientist experiment.
I’ve also graciously supplied you with the written recipe below.
You Will Need:
- Tortilla in brand/flavour of choice
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Seasoning of choice I used basil, oregano
- Pizza/tomato sauce of choice
- Toppings of choice
- ~1-1.5oz mozzarella cheese
- Get your tortilla ready to be topped by toasting it in the toaster oven. Cooking times will vary. I like to season the plain wraps by coating them with olive oil and sprinkling Parmesan cheese and spices on it while it’s toasting 🤤 this will vary depending on the flavour you’re trying to achieve
- When nice and toasty, put just enough sauce on the crust to coat it. Too much sauce and it’ll get soggy and make a mess. Trust me.
- Add half of the mozzarella cheese before adding your toppings.
- Top with leftover mozzarella.
- I bake my pizzas at around 425F for 5-6minutes. Just keep and eye on it to make sure it doesn’t get too crispy!
Get creative. Use the toppings you want and you’ll always have a party in your mouth 😝
What are some of your favourite pizza combinations? Any brands or methods your prefer?