Have you got some hard cider at home? What about some chicken? Some apples?
GOOD. Then you almost have enough to make this hard cider glazed chicken!
You Will Need:
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 1 16oz bottle of hard cider of choice I used Angry Orchard Cinnful Apple, but you could use any flavour your prefer
- 1 medium sized apple sliced into thin pieces I had Granny Smiths in the fridge and they worked wonderfully, but feel free to experiement and use the apples you like!
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1T reduced sodium soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add hard cider, sugar, apple and soy sauce into a pan over medium heat.
- Stir together and allow it to come to a boil. Let it cook until it has reduced by half this took quite a bit in my experience, so be sure to stir and check regularly. Once reduced, remove from heat.
- While your glaze is reducing, cook the chicken breast in the oven at 425 for 25 minutes.
- Pour the glaze over the chicken and turn your oven to broil to finish cooking the chicken.
I served this over a bed of salad greens, but you could have this with anything! Roasted veggies, quinoa.. or put it in a wrap!
I try really hard to get you an accurate depiction of nutrition facts but this is using the particular brands/ingredients I prefer; please make sure that any substitutions you may use are taken into consideration when you make these recipes for yourself. MyFitnessPal is a great tool to create different foods and calculate nutritional information… USE IT! (: