Happy Monday, everyone! May your day be short and your weekend come swiftly!
When there’s a shortcut for something, I usually find it. Plus, if it’s going to save me money, I’m all over that shit.
I love Stacy’s pita chips, but I don’t like having a huge bag around the house because I tend to eat them mindlessly. So making them in single batches helps me with portion control. Hello, my name is Karen and I am a mindless munchie eater.
That way, when a hankering hits I make my own!
All I do is use Joseph’s 50 calorie mini pita loaves….
Cut them up. I cut them into 8 pieces, but sometimes I pull the layers apart to get 16; ya dig?
Drizzle with olive oil or coconut oil, whatever you want to use, sprinkle with sea salt and red pepper flakes or any other flavours.. Cinnamon and zero calorie sweetener is also AMAZING.
Then bake in the toaster oven until crispy.
per 1 pita loaf
Tuna or Chicken Salad 2 ways!
I like to switch up my salad a little by using guacamole instead of mayonnaise. Then I use my pita chips as a vessel for my tuna or chicken salad to travel faster into my mouth.
You will need:
- 2-3 oz tuna, drained or chicken, cooked and pulsed in the food processor
- ½ T light mayo or ½ of a Wholly Guacamole mini guac cup
- Red onion to taste
- Shredded carrot to taste
- optional: cheese to make it a tuna melt (not included in nutrition info)
- Drain tuna or cook chicken thoroughly and pulse in a food processor to shred into chunks
- Mix with mayo or guac and salt and pepper
- Mix in your onion and carrots if you’re using them
- Dip your pita chips in them and devour.
Tuna Salad with mayo per 2oz tuna; ½ T light mayo
Tuna Salad with guac per 2oz tuna
Chicken Salad with mayo per 3oz chicken; ½ T light mayo
Chicken Salad with guac per 3oz chicken
I try really hard to get you an accurate depiction of nutrition facts but this is using the particular brands/ingredients I prefer; please make sure that any substitutions you may use are taken into consideration when you make these recipes for yourself. MyFitnessPal is a great tool to create different foods and calculate nutritional information… USE IT! (: